Check out our Campaign Gears project’s Ethan Clarke’s presentation at the Canadian Labour Congress’ Political Action Conference today. It was presented in conjunction with Joel Duffy from the Ontario Federation of Labour.
This is a good case study from High Scalability on the operation of the microblogging site, Tumblr. The site is growing at 30% month over month and has about 500 million page views/day. This means storing around 1-3TB of data into Hadoop clusters daily!
As you can imagine, with this [...]
Here’s an interesting article in the Washington Post about why brain storming doesn’t work.
Evidence has long shown that getting a group of people to think individually about solutions, and then combining their ideas, can be more productive than getting them to think as a group. [...]Continue Reading →
“Facing ever more demand, complexity and uncertainty, our initial response is to push ourselves harder and more relentlessly, without taking account of the costs we’re incurring.”
Get enough sleep — all but a tiny percentage of us require at least 7-8 hours a night to feel fully rested. Take [...]Continue Reading →
Earlier today, Google formally released Goo.gl, their URL-shortener, to the public. They’re calling it the “stablest, most secure, and fastest URL shortener on the web.” But it also may be the coolest thanks to an easter egg.As Google’s Matt Cutts’ just tweeted out, if you simply add “.qr” to the end [...]Continue Reading →
Snaps From Around Our Office
Follow Us on Facebook
- Campaign Gears: Presentation at the CLC Political Action Conference
- High Scalability – Tumblr Architecture – 15 Billion Page Views a Month and Harder to Scale than Twitter
- Washington Post: Why Brainstorming Doesn’t work
- Is the Life You’re Living Worth the Price You’re Paying to Live It? – Tony Schwartz – Harvard Business Review
- Goo.gl’s Awesome Easter Egg To Instantly Turn Any Link Into A QR Code