After reading Fred Wilson’s post about what a CEO does, I find Mark Suster’s guest post on TechCrunch.
I’ve had a post in my head for months – maybe longer – about the role of a CEO. My primary role was “chief psychologist” and as I’ve learned over the past few [...]Continue Reading →
The number of people you need to ask for permission keeps going down:
1. Go, make something happen.
2. Do work you’re proud of.
3. Treat people with respect.
4. Make big promises and keep them.
5. Ship it out the door.
When in doubt, see #1.
Seems simple and obvious right? [...]Continue Reading →
Vivek Wadhwa is an entrepreneur turned academic. He is a Visiting Scholar at UC-Berkeley, Senior Research Associate at Harvard Law School and Director of Research at the Center for Entrepreneurship and Research Commercialization at Duke University.
In a Tech Crunch post, he suggests this:
“Hardly a day goes by when I [...]Continue Reading →
Introducing Translate for Animals (beta): Bridging the gap between animals and humans
Making the world’s information universally accessible is a key goal for Google. Language is one of our biggest challenges so we have targeted our efforts on removing language barriers [...]Continue Reading →
It’s about time…
In a speech before an Federal Trade Commission roundtable yesterday, outgoing FTC Commissioner Pamela Jones Harbour called on Web services services like Yahoo!, Facebook and Hotmail to start using HTTPS/SSL encryption.
Google has recently shown leadership in this space, by enabling HTTPS for Gmail, as well as making it the default [...]Continue Reading →
Snaps From Around Our Office
Follow Us on Facebook
- Campaign Gears: Presentation at the CLC Political Action Conference
- High Scalability – Tumblr Architecture – 15 Billion Page Views a Month and Harder to Scale than Twitter
- Washington Post: Why Brainstorming Doesn’t work
- Is the Life You’re Living Worth the Price You’re Paying to Live It? – Tony Schwartz – Harvard Business Review
- Goo.gl’s Awesome Easter Egg To Instantly Turn Any Link Into A QR Code