Earlier today, Google formally released Goo.gl, their URL-shortener, to the public. They’re calling it the “stablest, most secure, and fastest URL shortener on the web.” But it also may be the coolest thanks to an easter egg.As Google’s Matt Cutts’ just tweeted out, if you simply add “.qr” to the end […]Continue Reading →
The number of people you need to ask for permission keeps going down:
1. Go, make something happen.
2. Do work you’re proud of.
3. Treat people with respect.
4. Make big promises and keep them.
5. Ship it out the door.
When in doubt, see #1.
Seems simple and obvious right? […]Continue Reading →
Venture capitalist Larry Cheng puts out a list of the top VC blogs ranking them by average monthly unique visitors, based on Compete data.
These are good reads for venture capitalists and entrepreneurs alike. I find them helpful in keeping abreast of the trends and where the capital markets are at […]Continue Reading →
800-CEO-Read selected the best business books of 2009. These are the winners in the eleven categories:
1. Entrepreneurship and small business. Escape from Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur by Pamela Slim.
2. Leadership. Maestro: A Surprising Story About Leading by Listening.
3. Management. The Four Conversations: […]
For startups, Christmas comes in November. Partners come back from vacation in September and deals start closing a few months later; since the credit crisis deferred fund-raising for most of the past year, November 2009 will probably end up being especially busy.
Redfin is one of the companies that just closed a […]Continue Reading →
Snaps from around the office