“Facing ever more demand, complexity and uncertainty, our initial response is to push ourselves harder and more relentlessly, without taking account of the costs we’re incurring.”
- Get enough sleep — all but a tiny percentage of us require at least 7-8 hours a night to feel fully rested.
- Take “renewal breaks” at least ever 90 minutes during the day. Supposedly even breathing deeply for a minute a day can completely clear the body of cortisol.
- Do streneous exercise to push our heart rates into the aerobic and anaerobic zones at least 4x a week, for at least 20 minutes at a time. Also train with weights at least twice a week.
- Just get up and walk around. Studies show that sitting is REALLY bad for you.
- Emotionally, we need to feel safe, secure, and valued. Spend time moving between valuing, appreciation and taking care of others and taking care of ourselves. We need to regularly refuel ourselves with positive emotions just as much as we need to renew ourselves physically.
Snaps From Around Our Office
Follow Us on Facebook
- Campaign Gears: Presentation at the CLC Political Action Conference
- High Scalability – Tumblr Architecture – 15 Billion Page Views a Month and Harder to Scale than Twitter
- Washington Post: Why Brainstorming Doesn’t work
- Is the Life You’re Living Worth the Price You’re Paying to Live It? – Tony Schwartz – Harvard Business Review
- Goo.gl’s Awesome Easter Egg To Instantly Turn Any Link Into A QR Code